THMR is a commercial, residential real estate, and development company serving buyers, sellers and tenants in the Greater Toronto Area. Since our humble beginnings in 2012, THMR has embodied leadership's spirit, making us one of Toronto's most innovative real estate development companies. THMR treats each new project, big or small, as a unique opportunity to create inspiring spaces that define a new understanding for development.
We are seeking a Financial and Investment Analyst to join our team. In this role you will be reporting to the CEO, the Property Development Manager, and the Accounting Executive, while also coordinating across internal teams such as Development, Sales, Construction and Operations.
The ideal candidate is motivated o learn and grow, has strong financial research knowledge and skills, a university degree in Finance or related is required.
The Financial and Investment Analyst will be responsible for providing financial and other analytical support on development projects currently in the portfolio along with potential acquisition opportunities. This will include preparation of proformas and cash flow models, investment, and other financial analyses for decision-making purposes.
The position will aid in the development, interpretation, and implementation of financial models to evaluate and propose recommendations on investments and development projects, through various partnership structures and acquisition models.
- Evaluate financial risks, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations.
- Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance.
- Analyze investment projects.
- Follow up on financing projects.
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio.
- Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios.
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.
- Analyze real estate projects, surrounding environment, competing projects.
- Aid in the development, interpretation, and implementation of financial models to evaluate and propose recommendations on investments and development projects, through various partnership structures and acquisition models.
- Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications.
- Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information.
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to potential clients, executives and international team.
- Run risk control of the investment and projects.
- Study and analyze the economic essence, and real estate pricing logic; present research reports; provide optimizing solutions to executives and the internal team by running computer modeling.
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Commerce or Economics is required.
- A master's degree in Finance is preferred or may be required.
- Familiar with the risk control methods of real estate investment.
- Majored in Computational Finance, Financial Modelling, and Valuation, Wealth Management, Investments, and Gib Data Machine Learning.
- Has experience in working with (world-wide level) banks.
- Has experience with real estate or construction projects.
- Familiar with computer skills such as: MATLAB, Python, SPSS, and ACCESS, etc.